Alejandro Menchaca’s practice includes every facet of patent, trademark and related law. He has extensive experience in litigation and prosecution of patents and trademarks, and has prepared opinions in each of these areas. Alex focuses on ANDA litigation and counselling.
Alex is also fluent in Spanish and has represented several clients who conduct business primarily in Spanish.
Alex also worked as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Northern District of Illinois, Criminal Division. Alex was responsible for directing grand jury investigations leading to criminal indictments. He conducted numerous hearings and trials before many of the judges of the District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He also represented the U.S. Attorney’s Office before the Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit in connection with several issues of first impression.
Alex is an Adjunct Professor at the John Marshall Law School in Chicago, having taught Patent and Trade Secrets Law, Unfair Competition and Consumer Protection, International Intellectual Property Law, and Patent Prosecution (in John Marshall’s Intellectual Property LLM Program). Alex has also taught Intellectual Property Licensing as an Adjunct Professor at the Loyola University School of Law.
- Assistant United States Attorney in the Northern District of Illinois, Criminal Division
- Adjunct Professor at the John Marshall Law School
- Adjunct Professor at Loyola University School of Law
- Minority Powerbroker Q&A: McAndrews’ Alejandro Menchaca, Law360 (January 28, 2015) View File
- Mixed Signals From Fed. Circ. On Willful Infringement, Law360 (November 26, 2013) View File
- A New Prefiling Strategy — But Is It Constitutional?, Law360 (March 5, 2012) View File
- Litigation Strategies Affecting U.S. FDA Approval For Generics, Global IP Convention, Bangalore, India, January 23-30, 2013
- America Invents Act – Guidelines For Applying The Prior Art Provisions, AIPLA IP Practice in Latin America Committee Meeting, Mexico City, June 5-7, 2013
- Conflicts and Waivers in Patent Law, John Marshall Law School IP Ethics Seminar, Chicago, Illinois, April 24, 2014
- Trial Tactics in Patent Infringement Litigation, DRI Trial Tactics Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 2015